Lisa Thompson worked as a Radio Broadcast Assistant making all sorts of programmes for the BBC. During this time she got to make tea for lots of famous people. She grew up in Essex and now lives in Suffolk with her family.
Lisa Thompson's Biography
Five Fascinating Facts about me…
- I wrote my first book when I was nine. When I was little I really wanted to have horse riding lessons but my parents couldn’t afford them so I wrote a (very) short book about a girl who started a rescue home for horses. I could then immerse myself in the horsey world I was so keen to join. I even did my own illustrations! I found the book when I was about thirteen and was so embarrassed about it I ripped it up and threw it away. Big mistake. I’d love to see that book now. (Oh and I did get to go on a horse when I was in my 20’s and I was so scared I asked to get off.)
- I used to work behind the scenes making radio programmes for the BBC. I love radio and if you are in my company for long enough, I’ll go on and on about how great it is and then you’ll want to put the radio on really loudly to stop me talking.
- The first really big book I remember reading was Watership Down by Richard Adams. I’d like to read it again one day.
- When I was five we had a street party and I came 2nd in a fancy dress competition and won a kite. I was dressed as the Queen.
- I live in the countryside with my family and we have a very large rabbit called Teddy.
2017 – The Goldfish Boy
Published in 2017 my first book was The Goldfish Boy. Twelve-year-old Matthew is trapped in his bedroom by crippling OCD, spending most of his time staring out of his window as the inhabitants of Chestnut Close go about their business.
Read more about The Goldfish Boy…